Sorry!!!

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2002
      Didn't mean to air out my linen to all of you on the List. I made the rookie mistake though I'm too old to be considered a rookie. Well, at least those of you who really care got to hear about our recent exotic travels to faraway lands. Kind of sounded like the Dredger Diggins', a bi-monthly column about Snelling (pop. 300) which appears in the Merced Sun-Star. We were mentioned recently when I casually mentioned to Scoop, the columnist, that I expected to rolling in dough soon because Cathy was going to start drawing on her Social Security. All of Merced and its outlying regions heard about it as did I when my wife let me have it (and I don't mean the money).

      We do enjoy reading the postings of others on the Ujeni, especially those which demonstrate more depth than the above. Sorry and Hello again to Rey & Robin.  Don Weber
    • reyesampaga
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2002
        No way you have anything to be sorry about. We thought this was a
        forum for RPCVs to keep in touch and keep up with each other.
        When Kym said "hello" from Tanzania, it got us nostalgic and I dug up
        the old pics. There was a shot of Kilimanjaro that we took from
        Zanzibar. It was a clear hot day in November 1996 and we were taking
        the Spice Tour. We had just crested the only hill in Zanzibar and
        taking a break at a Snack/Tourist Store and the driver pointed out
        Kilimanjaro. It was a sight! We never got there to Nairobi or Tsavo
        or Kilimanjaro but Kym having done it almost felt like we had done it.
        I was envious for only a second. I don't think its a surprising thing
        that RPCVs are a traveled lot and we surely will be traveling your
        way. Sorry we didn't hook up this time, we neither of us knew, but we
        will.
        I'm reminded of a line from Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner when his
        replicant encountered the scientist who made his eyes, "Chang, If only
        you could have seen what I have seen with your eyes."
        I feel, that as a group, we do "see" for we have seen.
        Regards always to you and Kathy.
        R&R