Fw: SA Funnies - gotta love this country!

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2002
      From our friends from South Africa who received it from friends in South
      Africa.
    • Daniel Dudley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2002
        I think that I was on a bus just like that from Lilongwe to Salima. The
        nice thing was that the hatch was open, but I didn't get the exhaust high.

        Dan

        >From: "Weber" <weber@...>
        >To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [ujeni] Fw: SA Funnies - gotta love this country!
        >Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:05:54 -0700
        >
        >From our friends from South Africa who received it from friends in South
        >Africa.

        ><< taxi1.jpg >>

      • reyesampaga
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18, 2002
          Robin and I rode one like that in Mozambique up to Nampula. It broke
          down halfway through and I loaned the driver my leatherman to tighten
          up the baling wires. After he had done that we continued on our merry
          way.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > ><< taxi1.jpg >>

          http://mobile.msn.com
        • reyesampaga
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 18, 2002
            Don and Kathy,
            Thank you for that photo and for the "laugh of the day". Hope you're
            well.
            R&R

            --- In ujeni@y..., "reyesampaga" <reyesampaga@y...> wrote:
            > Robin and I rode one like that in Mozambique up to Nampula. It
            broke
            > down halfway through and I loaned the driver my leatherman to
            tighten
            > up the baling wires. After he had done that we continued on our
            merry
            > way.
            >

            > --- In ujeni@y..., "Daniel Dudley" <papadud@h...> wrote:
            > > I think that I was on a bus just like that from Lilongwe to
            Salima.
            > The
            > > nice thing was that the hatch was open, but I didn't get the
            exhaust
            > high.
            > >
            > > Dan
            > >

            > > >From: "Weber" <weber@e...>
            > > >To: <ujeni@y...>
            > > >Subject: [ujeni] Fw: SA Funnies - gotta love this country!
            > > >Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:05:54 -0700
            > > >
            > > >From our friends from South Africa who received it from friends
            in
            > South
            > > >Africa.
            > > >

            > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            > > >
            > > ><< taxi1.jpg >>

            > > Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device:
            > http://mobile.msn.com
          • Weber
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2002
              Good to hear from you guys. We were 3 hours away from you the 1st week in
              May when we visited Luz & Rob at the tail end of our Northern Arizona 2 week
              vacation. They hooked us up with Daniel Dudley & Mike Sobel in Sedona so we
              visited them on our way home. (San Joaquin Valley). It was fruitful for Mike
              as he came here in June, hung out overnight and got to appreciate the food
              prepared by the cook I took with me to Malawi. He is now in Ecuador/Peru
              with his brother and father. While he is there his car is here and we are
              baby sitting it so we will see him when he retrieves it. Hope to hear some
              good stories about his South American adventure upon his return.

              Don't know if and when we'll get to New Mexico however if you are ever
              considering a Yosemite trip then consider booking us in enroute. We are 1
              1/2 hours away. We live in Snelling which is in Merced Co. We have an ever
              ready guest room and a dog who loves visitors. Our town has a population of
              300 so it might be too quiet for you big city folks. It would be good to see
              you and we'd even show our slides of Peace Corpse Malawi, Class of 94-96.
              That might offset our bucolic setting. Don Weber, Community Coordinator,
              Managing Urban Growth which I didn't manage to do very well. (That all goes
              for me too...really good to hear from you and an open invitation to you to
              come visit us! Cathy)