FW: FYI - WHO Briefing on Humanitarian Crisis in Southern Africa Region

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      From: Downs, Melissa On Behalf Of Cochi, Steve
      Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:16 PM
      To: NIP/GID Technical Staff
      Subject: FW: FYI - WHO Briefing on Humanitarian Crisis in Southern Africa
      Region

      Fyi. . . . . . . . . .

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Valdez, Mary Lou
      Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 8:24 AM
      To: William O. Brisben (E-mail); # IREPS Only; #OGHA PKLN/DC Staff; Cox,
      Ross (CDCSMTP.RCC3); Blount, Stephen B. (CDCSMTP.sbb2); McAuliffe, Jay
      (CDCSMTP.zfc7); Yetley, Elizabeth A (BFD.EAY); McMurry, Kathryn; Al
      Bartlett (E-mail); Dale Gibb (E-mail); Betsy Brown (E-mail)
      Cc: 'hohmande@...'; 'chowjc@...'; 'sandersjw@...';
      'johnsonsr@...'; 'blackwoodas@...'
      Subject: WHO Briefing on Humanitarian Crisis in Southern Africa Regio n

      Our sincere thanks to David Hohman, Health Attache at the US Mission in
      Geneva for sending this our way. Obviously USAID and HHS/CDC is on the
      ground in these countries and USG is working in various ways through and
      with WFP, WHO and UNICEF to address food shortages, undernutrition, maternal
      mortality risks etc. But, the need is enormous and the potential for
      devastating, long-term impact seems to be growing. Please disseminate -
      thanks, Lou