Irony of famine countries being discussed at FAO Per Diem laden conference

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      Isn't the venue for this FAO conference the same place that several years
      back, they threw away all the leftover food into the dumpster...irony
      reeks.....

      How much did the conference cost? Why not have it in one of the "starving"
      countries? If they have to live for only one week in the misery, maybe they
      will be convinced of a need to have a low-brow conference? Why not make
      them eat what the "starving" are eating? and live where they are living?

      What was their per diem rate? All the airfare, per diem, etc and other
      costs associated with this conference probably would have fed all the
      starving in any one of those countries for at least a week.

    • Kristof & Stacia Nordin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        Here here, so very true! Can you take this message and alter it a bit into
        something more proactive and send it to FAO and a couple news agencies who
        have reported on it? Stacia

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
          I could, but I fear my time would be as wasted as those who made the hue and
          cry at the last conference....

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
            I don't think it hurts to give it a try, better than staying mute! Stacia