RE: Jeremy & child

  • HistProf39@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2002
      Stacia --
             Do you still have contact with Jeremy? I got a call from him this morning and he wanted me to call him back but I can't figure out my long-distance telephone service and the international phone system. End result, my sister talked to him and he said he was adopting a 10-year-old orphan girl named Fatima.
             His mother and I think it's great but I don't want him to screw up his service time. Has he cleared this with Peace Corps? If you do have contact with him  (he gave me the phone # 265-751-596 ), have him call me again.  Also, tell him to e-mail me a picture. The family is excited.
             Sorry to ask you to be a messenger service but I'd like to get this news first hand.

      Jim Gregory
    • Nordin
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2002

        Hi, sorry no time to respond right now, I started something to your last e-mail, too but there it sits in draft folder for a while longer.  I will pass on this message to him.  He's in town on a field trip today.  Cheers, Stacia
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2002
          Stacia --
                 Thanks for passing along my message. I have another for him regarding his court case.
                 His attorney isn't filing anything until June so a Sept. court date is unlikely. He needs to get in touch with either Meghan or his attorney.
                 Again, thanks for your patience and helpfulness in this. Since I can't figure out my long-distance service I've depended on you to get the messages to Jeremy. This isn't urgent so the next time you see or talk to Jeremy, please pass it along.

          Jim Gregory
        • Nordin
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25, 2002
            he's coming out to our house tomorrow after swearing-in along with the whole crew, so I'll do my best to remember to tell him.  i have a presentation for 250 professionals on HIV and nutrition tomorrow, 2 new crisis corps volunteers to guide into malawi, and 20 or so people coming over for the afternoon with some overnighters, thensaturday back to the HIV workshop.  SO, if I lapse, you'll understand!

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25, 2002

              sorry everyone, didn't realize i sent that to the whole list!  Stacia
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 26, 2002
                hey busy lady,

                okay, so, my question is simple. cullen says there's
                a new beer in malawi. is this true, or is he
                bullshittin me? if true, what're the commercials
                like?
                (can't say i except a response for a while as you are
                super extra busy. you continue to be amazing.)
                don't forget to take a nap.
                xo,
                sru

                http://games.yahoo.com/
              • Nordin
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 26, 2002

                  Yes all, there is a new beer in Malawi called KucheKuche or something to that effect, something a long the lines of dusk till dawn - meaning you can drink it all night because of the lower alcohol content (needless to say, I don't know anyone who likes it yet!).

                  Stacia
                  (Susan, just got up from a nap by the way! The PCTs swore in today and they are all here for a little party, the trainers just left and most of the PCVs are camping out here for the night, you know what that is like!)
                  okay, so, my question is simple.  cullen says there's
                  a new beer in malawi.  is this true, or is he
                  bullshittin me?  if true, what're the commercials
                  like?
                  (can't say i except a response for a while as you are
                  super extra busy. you continue to be amazing.)
                  don't forget to take a nap.
                  xo,
                  sru

                  http://games.yahoo.com/