Harvard MBA for minority students

  • Tana Beverwyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2002

      Thought some of you may know some worthy candidates...

      From: Pat Gorman Advocates for Children and Youth

      Opportunity for Youth in Your Community-Please Act

      Greetings from MBA Admissions!

      We would like to request your help in identifying high potential African American, Hispanic American and Native American students for our Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP). This program seeks to expose talented minority college juniors to general management in the business world.

      During one week in June, at no expense to the student, Harvard Business School hosts these talented college students and provides teaching instruction from leading faculty, on campus housing and different seminars/events that introduce the students to business education. These students are immersed in a rigorous and stimulating classroom environment that mirrors the learning environment of Harvard's MBA Program.

      We plan to send a letter to the candidate that you refer to us to encourage them to learn more about SVMP by visiting our web site and requesting the SVMP brochure. For more information regarding the Summer Venture in Management Program, please visit us at <http://www.hbs.edu/mba/experience/learn/prospectiveminority/svmp>

      If you would like to participate in the SVMP Referred Candidate Program, please complete the form at the following URL:

      <http://poll.hbs.edu/openPoll/pollTaker/poll59385.jhtml>

      Thank you for helping us invest in the future of these talented students.

      Regards,

      Chioma Isiadinso

      Assistant Director of Admissions

      Harvard Business School

      Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.  We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?  Well, actually, who are you not to be?"

      -Nelson Mandela