RE: [ujeni] The New Corps: Final Response

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
      Paul (and whoever else wants to pipe up),

      Out of curiousity - what do you think of some of the more specialized
      shorter-term volunteer opportunities?

      I'm thinking specifically of the crisis corps and the one year commitmement
      for physicians - noting that they both have differing/elevated application
      qualifications than the regular two year peace corps assignments. Wonder if
      it's worth expanding/exploring these....

      Thoughts?

      Liz

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
        Crisis Corps is not really Peace Corps...by that I mean that it is not the
        long term development, but rather short term reaction to crises...Bill can
        tell you more about it than I)...

        PC flirted with the idea of the one-year assignment for dentists, and
        doctors...we actually had a couple in Malawi....doctors are usually older
        and less adaptive to cross-cultural ideas....

        Good luck.