RE: [ujeni] memories/scrapping

  • Ken Shockley
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 25, 2002
      Anyone else experience the McNulty iwe's? No not the "balls", I mean
      the crowd of iwes who would cry out "Happy Happy Joy Joy" and jump up
      and down at the first sign of a PCV walking the back trails to Mzuzu
      secondary.

      And, as a point of clarification, it wasn't really a tree I fell out
      of. It was a large papaya sprout, not nearly as strong as a tree,
      hence the branch breaking and my falling. Further, I find it simply
      impausible that I'm the only one to have puked on Deb's shoes.
      Perhaps Stephanie as well?

      Ken

      >Drazeks: Anyone remember "hot!-hot!-hot!" or "sharp!-sharp!-sharp!"?
      >
      >Ramona: reading the naughty bits from a Paul Theroux novel by torchlight to
      >an audience of twenty PC trainees in the Zomba resthouse?
      >
      >Stephanie: remember her getting drunk and falling out of the tree? Oh no
      >wait, that was Shockley. Or the time she puked in Deb's shoes? No wait,
      >that was Shockley too. Northerners help us out here.
      >
      >Who is Rarry Readman?
      >

      >At 08:28 PM 01/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >>Hey Deb and Paul, that was totally awesome. You got someone who never says
      >a word to post to ujeni. Great to hear from you Steve, I had begun to doubt
      >my memory of your existence.
      >>
      >>Quick, someone tell a story about the Drazeks or Ramona Roth or Stephanie
      >Jayne or Larry Leadman or ...
      >>
      >>And Emma, congrats. excellent news, all the best.

    • Raymond R. Wise
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 25, 2002
        Have there been more? Or are just referring to Whistle?

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 26, 2002
          Not counting the time I yelled at a german shephard while he was biting my
          buttocks and thighs (I was only six years old), I have had luck only in
          talking to a cat...some RPCVs from Mauritania would tell you there weas more
          to it than that, but don't ever believe them.

          What really hurt about being attacked by the shephard when I was six, was
          not that i got bitten, but the girl whose house I was visiting walked up to
          him, and pulled himn off me by the ear...and he did not even nip her...

          Have there been more? Or are just referring to Whistle?

          At 10:56 AM 01/25/2002, you wrote:
          >That was the croc's fault...it was not our fault that we talked to the
          croc,
          >told him to go bite someone from another village.....
          >
          >That was the frist time I talked to an animla and it listened...

        • phil & juliet drazek
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 26, 2002
            Hey, hasn't anyone ever worked in a kitchen before? I don't think we ever
            played mah jong with Paul, although I do recall playing Yahtzee with Deb and
            Rand.

            Juliet

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 27, 2002
              We played somethiing there I remember...maybe somewhere else...

            • Bell, Elizabeth
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002

                "TRANSPORT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES."

                Any sign of Mike Nolan out there?  Am heading to Miami for Thursday or a long weekend of doing nothing.....

                Anyone else experience the McNulty iwe's?  No not the "balls", I mean
                the crowd of iwes who would cry out "Happy Happy Joy Joy" and jump up
                and down at the first sign of a PCV walking the back trails to Mzuzu
                secondary.

                And, as a point of clarification, it wasn't really a tree I fell out
                of.  It was a large papaya sprout, not nearly as strong as a tree,
                hence the branch breaking and my falling.  Further, I find it simply
                impausible that I'm the only one to have puked on Deb's shoes.
                Perhaps Stephanie as well?

                Ken

                >Drazeks:
                Anyone remember "hot!-hot!-hot!" or "sharp!-sharp!-sharp!"?

                >Ramona: reading the naughty bits from a
                Paul Theroux novel by torchlight to
                >an audience of twenty PC trainees in
                the Zomba resthouse?

                >Stephanie: remember her getting drunk and
                falling out of the tree?  Oh no
                >wait, that was Shockley.  Or
                the time she puked in Deb's shoes?  No wait,
                >that was Shockley
                too.  Northerners help us out here.

                >Who is Rarry
                Readman?

                Message-----
                href="mailto:berrys@...">mailto:berrys@...]
                ujeni@yahoogroups.com
                >>Subject: Re: [ujeni]
                memories/scrapping

                >>Paul, i seem to remember
                the first thing you had to do when we got up on
                >>those rocks was take
                a wizz.

                >>(ofcourse i remember that 'cause i did
                too...)