RPCV in State Dept...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2002
      I had my first day at A100, the Intro to Diplomacy class at State Dept, and
      I met a woman named Heidi Henneman, who is also an RPCV from Malawi. She was
      class of 1999. I greeted her in Chichewwa and she did a classic
      double-take.

      When she mentioned that she was a Health PCV, I asked her offhandedly, "So
      do a number of the HIV/AIDS PCVs still engage in unsafe sex?" (I thought it
      was a good ice-breaker question)...and she replied, "Yeah they do...it is
      crazy..."

      We continued our chat on more lighthearted topics, and then gave the old
      "Tiwanana" at the end./..