Re: [ujeni] UN Wire Article - Discount Drugs Proving Effective In Africa, Experts Say

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2001
      Just goes to show that we are continually being ripped off by the drug
      companies....I understand the circular argument about R&D and such, but if a
      generic can copy it (okay, they didn't do all the research they just took
      the formula), but for the first ten-fifteen years that they have the
      exclusive patent gives them the opportunity to reap enough prfits...Claritn
      does not cost $2 per pill to manufacture...