Re: [ujeni] Banoffy Pie recipe

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
      Zikomo kwambiri

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: "Stacia & Kristof Nordin" <nordin@...>
      To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [ujeni] Banoffy Pie recipe
      Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:06:32 +0200

      Here ya go Paul, straight from the 1995 Malawi Cookbook compiled by Andrea

      8 ripe bananas, thickly sliced
      1 can condensed milk
      1 pkg (250 g) Biscuits, crushed
      1/3 c margarine melted

      Place unopened can of condensed milk in a full pan of water. Bring water to
      a full boil and continue boiling for 2 1/2 hours. (Be sure to replace water
      as it evaporates or you risk an impressive explosion that will put a
      skylight in your kitchen.) Place crushed biscuits into greased pie plante
      and pour melted margarine over top. Mix well to distribute butter and pack
      the crumbs in an even layer using the backside of a spoon. Line the pie
      crust evenly with the sliced bananas. When finished boiling, carefully open
      the can of milk and immediately pour and spread contents over the bananas. -
      Beth Ford