Fw: [Fwd: Dept. of Peace, tell your congressperson!]

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2001

      Dear all,

      I just received this about a/the Department of Peace legislation. Thought
      you might be interested.

      Also, what is the relationship between this and the Peace Corps?

      How important will the Peace Corps Director be in this activity?

      More questions later,

      Vyrle

      ----------
      > From: Yamhill County Mediators <ycm@...>
      > Subject: [Fwd: Dept. of Peace, tell your congressperson!]
      > Date: Wednesday, 28 November, 2001 11:18 AM
      >
      > The US Government is considering formation of a Department of Peace!
      > Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) has introduced legislation in the
      US

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2001
        I think the politically correct term would be:

        Male bovine effluvia...

        Seeing how much success we have had as a human race already trying to being
        peace through various means (none of wich have been terribly successful), I
        doubt creating one more government agency to organize it would be that
        successful...

        Now...if they tapped me to head the Department, I would have a comlete
        turn-around, and be all or it.