Banoffy Pie recipe

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2001
      Does anyone have the recipe to Banoffy Pie? I have it in my Malawi
      cookbook, but it is in Macon in some bax.

      Thanks.

    • Stacia & Kristof Nordin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001

        Here ya go Paul,  straight from the 1995 Malawi Cookbook compiled by Andrea Linton:

        8 ripe bananas, thickly sliced
        1 can condensed milk
        1 pkg (250 g) Biscuits, crushed
        1/3 c margarine melted

        Place unopened can of condensed milk in a full pan of water.  Bring water to a full boil and continue boiling for 2 1/2 hours.  (Be sure to replace water as it evaporates or you risk an impressive explosion that will put a skylight in your kitchen.)  Place crushed biscuits into greased pie plante and pour melted margarine over top.  Mix well to distribute butter and pack the crumbs in an even layer using the backside of a spoon.  Line the pie crust evenly with the sliced bananas.  When finished boiling, carefully open the can of milk and immediately pour and spread contents over the bananas. - Beth Ford

        Stacia

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
          Zikomo kwambiri
          Zimata