RE: [ujeni] Good News (for me)

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2001
      Zikomo kwambiri achimwali

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: "Bell, Elizabeth" <eib6@...>
      To: "'ujeni@yahoogroups.com'" <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [ujeni] Good News (for me)
      Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:14:22 -0500

      Paul, that is just tremendous. I know how competitive it is to get into the
      FS. Many congratulations and ululations....

      Travel safely,
      Madame Eliza

      P.S. And didn't anyone else read "The Wanderers" or "The Covenent"? That's
      how I ended up in Southern Africa and On the Road....

      From: "Mark Holland" <holland@...>
      To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:10:20 -0500

      > years. Once I was watching "Shogun" on tv, a novel written by James
      > Michener detailing feudal life in Japan. It was at that time I decided
      that
      > I wanted to work overseas. I did this already with Peace Corps, but I
      will
      > now be able to do it for a longer term.

      Great news, Paul, and congrats. At the risk of being a complete and total
      flaming jerk, I can't resist the urge to say that this book and movie must
      have made a huge and lasting impact on your life, given how familiar you are
      with it and the author!

      Mark