(no subject)

  • kwalther@xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 1999
      Muli Bwanji Nonse!
      I was sent this by Dan Talbot, and got a pretty good kick out of it. So, if you havent
      already seen it, you might get a chuckle!!!
      Hope everyone is well, and remember, unless you still live in the southern hemisphere,
      spring is coming!!!
      stay well! Ah the memories! -Kym :)
      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

      Subject: Fwd: RPCVs know...
      To: dtalbot@...
      From: "Andrew McDevitt" <amcd@...>
      Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:17:46 EST

      not many people can appreciate this . . .

      >22 Ways RPCVs Know That They Have Readjusted:
      >
      >-You've stopped carrying toilet paper with you wherever you go
      >-You no longer eat all of the hors d'oeuvres at dinner parties
      >-Some of your clothes don't have that genuine stone-washed look
      >-People no longer avoid the dishes you bring to potluck dinners
      >-You have a friend who was never in Peace Corps
      >-You occasionally stay in a hotel in a strange city
      >-You dream in English
      >-You use tissues to blow your nose
      >-You think twice before taking a 15-hour bus/taxi ride
      >-You're not afraid of swallowing water in the shower
      >-You stop boasting that you got a dial tone immediately
      >-You travel with baggage instead of cardboard boxes or plastic bags
      >-You use a watch as you are no longer able to tell the time by the sun
      >-Your meals no longer consist solely of vegetables
      >-You start to eat rice again
      >-You use the phone instead of sending a telegram
      >-You no longer stand in stores amazed at the quantity and quality of
      >goods and you stop trying to pay with exact change
      >-Parasites (both yours and theirs) cease to be a topic of conversation
      >during meals
      >-You motion someone towards you with fingers up instead of fingers down
      >-You stop expecting a Customs inspector to check your baggage after a
      domestic flight
      >-You stop proposing that Charmin be nominated the 8th wonder of the
      world