Re: [ujeni] No-current events question

  • Don Weber
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi Paul...Sorry this answer is delayed. We just got
      home from our month away. Our computer immediately
      developed a problem, as well as the element going out
      in our oven, the dryer doesn't dry our clothes and
      while we were gone a beaver ate an apple tree and a
      half and one small peach tree. The computer's fixed
      but there's no fixing the trees! Some malevolent
      spirit was paying us back for being gone.

      The woman who reacted to your wheelchair sitting is the
      one with a problem. She is hypersensative ...anyone
      who had a disability would probably be uncomfortable
      around her thinking that she was just too aware. I
      have sat in wheelchairs, I have tootled around in them
      and sometimes in front of people who use them. I had a
      friend who tried to drive an electric one and crashed
      into the glass in a bookcase. The owner thought it was
      hysterical. Don't let this woman intimidate you. Cathy

      Quoting Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...>:

      > Yes, I did....
      >
      > I was in a room of people, and the only chair
      available was an empty,
      > unused, unowned wheelchair. I chose to sit in it.
      >
      > Then someone else clamored over and gave me hell for
      sitting in it, and
      > said
      > I was being disrespectful of those who need them.
      When I reminded her that

      > I was using the 'chair' part of the wheelchair, and I
      was not attempting to

      > do a 'Costanza'. She still got upset, and at the
      first moment, once I got
      > up, she wheeled it out of the room and into her
      office...

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
        Thanks. I polled severl list serves I belong to (to get a varied audience:
        old, young, senile, ex-parole officers, etc.), and they are all in
        agreement.

        I like the 2 x 4 rule, but I cannot apply it here...

        So tell all how was China? Did you foreign devils get treated nicely? what
        was the coverage about the terrorist acts? etc.