Fwd: Zimbabwe and South Africa volunteer programs

  • Kristen Cheney
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2001
> [...]
      >experience will be an educational one for you, as well as a beneficial one
      >for our organization and the people that we are trying to assist. Again,
      >thank you for your interest in Visions in Action.

      >US OFFICE INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTIONS
      >

      >INTERNATIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN
      >Requirements: Interest in nonprofit organizations & international
      > development. Strong phone skills, database
      >experience helpful.
      >Duties: Assists staff with office administration, visas,
      >applicant processing
      >
      >PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
      >Requirements: Experience in P.R., Media Relations, Marketing or Advertising
      > Strong writing & design skills, Desktop publishing
      >experience a plus
      >Duties: Develop and implement public relations and recruitment
      > campaign, including radio and newspaper ads,
      >PSAs, bulk mailing
      >
      >FUNDRAISING INTERN
      >Requirements: Research, writing and editing skills Strong communications,
      > networking skills
      >Duties: Assist Director with fundraising activities Research
      >foundations and corporations, write proposals Identify
      >individual donors and develop membership base
      >
      >RECRUITMENT INTERN
      >Requirements: Creative, outgoing personality and organizational skills
      >Strong phone skills essential, use of a car required
      >Duties: Develop and implement recruitment campaign with staff
      > Frequent travel, tabling and
      >presentations at MidAtlantic area campuses
      >
      >NEWSLETTER INTERN
      >Requirements: Experience in Desktop Publishing (Pagemaker, Illustrator)
      >Strong
      > writing and layout skills
      >Duties: Desktop publishing, artwork, graphics, writing,
      >interviewing
      >
      >RESEARCH INTERN
      >Requirements: Knowledge of international development, specifically Africa
      >or Latin America; research, writing, database, library
      >skills
      >Duties: Research international organizations, help produce
      >guides Assess
      > development needs overseas for the purpose of
      >expansion
      >
      >CONFERENCE INTERN
      >Requirements: Some experience organizing events
      >Duties: Organize and publicize annual conference on Careers,
      >Activism and Issues in International Development
      >
      >INTERNET INTERN
      >Requirements: Internet experience, HTML coding
      >Duties: Update website, manage list-serv, create links, Email
      >newsletter
      >
      >FINANCE INTERN
      >Requirements: Accounting and spreadsheet experience, business degree a plus
      >Duties: International accounting, overseas budget analysis,
      >taxes
      >
      >SPECIAL PROJECTS INTERN
      >Requirements: Experience with organizing and publicizing events
      >Duties: Coordinate conferences, fundraisers, dinners, sporting

    • richard mwanditani
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2001
        i have seen the advert and iam interested in the
        programme.currently iam a third year student studying
        towards a degree in nutritional sciences at the
        university of zimbabwe.iam a zimbabwean and would like
        to do volunteering programmes which has something to
        do with health care. so i would like more information
        along this line. iam prepared to do my duties in
        zimbabwe.iam 22 years old
        ---

        === message truncated ===

        http://phone.yahoo.com