RE: FW: Zimbabwe: recent New Statesman article

  • sgeibel@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10 11:26 AM
      Good article- I feel that coverage of this issue doesn't always give a good historical perspective. It took a long war and intense political pressure before Ian Smith finally agreed to let go. If Smith's hardheaded regime had put more resources into labor and economic reform/transition, instead of signing the UDI and giving Britain and black Zimbabweans the middle finger, maybe now there would be no white resentment that Mugabe could play upon for the sole purpose of staying in power. If I unbottled a genie and had 3 wishes, one wish would be to force both Smith and Mugabe to share an 8 x 10 jail cell at the Hague.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10 7:47 PM
        You are too generous...I believe the size of cells that the tortured
        political prisoners of either was 2 x 3...

        http://shopnow.netscape.com/

        http://webmail.netscape.com/