More info on the Reunion!!

  • susan_clasby@amsinc.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      Hi All,

      Wanted to update you all on the latest Anniversary/Reunion news!! Looks like a
      bunch of people are interested in making the trek to DC for the festivities.
      Note to those people, you have 15 days to make travel plans, act now, and I mean
      now, to get the 14 day advance deal (unless of course you're coming by foot,
      car, bus or train). We're still ironing out details of the weekend and realize
      that no matter how much ironing, things will undoubtedly fall into place. So
      far this is the plan;

      Friday Sept 21
      7:00 pm - Dinner hosted by Lauren Dutko (directions to follow). Kanenya and
      Mowa aplenty!! After dinner we're planning moving to one of the many hot spots
      DC has to offer.

      Saturday Sept 22
      8:00-12:00 - Anacostia community activity of building a playground.
      Free time for other Anniversary events, sightseeing, greased pig chasing
      contest, etc.
      7:00pm - Shindig dance party at the Malawian Embassy, bring your favorite tunes.

      Sunday Sept 23
      8:00-11:00am - Parade over Memorial Bridge to JFK burial site, and recommitment
      ceremony.

      Let us know if you're interested in reserving some floor space!!

      Christine Chumbler
      cchumble@...
      (202) 546-4827

      Lauren Dutko