call for photos

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
      The NPCA is calling for photographs of you from your Peace Corps service.

      Selected photographs will be reproduced in enlarged prints in an exhibition
      at the 40th anniversary celebration.

      All entries received by Monday, Sept. 10 will be considered.

      The NPCA will mount a display of prints at the 40th anniversary conference
      of photographs of us as we looked when we were in-country and working as
      Peace Corps volunteers. The working title of the project is "The Way We
      Were." The Way We Were is a gallery of mounted prints that will illustrate
      who RPCVs were during their service and demonstrate the scope of time and
      place of our Peace Corps service.

      Please submit photos of yourself, and we ask that you personally call three
      or four RPCV friends and ask them to submit photos. No more than 5 images
      per entry.

      The selected photographs will be printed in 11-inch by 14-inch enlargements
      that will be mounted in a gallery display Sept. 21-22 during the 40th
      anniversary conference in the NPCA tent on the National Mall. Each selected
      print will be accompanied by a legend that identifies the RPCV then and now:
      name and current residence, community, country and years of service.

      What we are looking for: We want photos from all parts of the world and all
      four decades of Peace Corps. We need good photographs that show a Peace
      Corps volunteer in action in his or her country-of-service, and each
      photograph should clearly show by its surroundings that this volunteer is
      living and working in another country and you are there performing Peace
      Corps service. We need work-related pictures, but will also consider
      photographs illustrating the volunteer in other activities in the community.

      Specifications: One to 5 slides, prints, or negatives, black and white or
      color. Photographic formats we can deal with include slides, prints, or
      negatives or scanned images which were originally shot in high resolution.
      If you e-mail the scan, the image must be an eight-inch by 10-inch image
      scanned at 150 dots per inch and sent as a TIF file.

      [1.] identification of the volunteer's name and current city and state of
      residence for each picture or set of pictures.

      [2.] the name of the photographer, if available.

      [3.] the name of the country, years of service, and community where the
      photograph was taken or where the volunteer served.

      [4.] a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want the slide[s], etc.
      returned to you after the conference.

      [5.] Your telephone number in case we have any questions.

      Send entries to:
      David Arnold
      NPCA Photo Exhibit
      1900 L Street NW, Suite 205
      Washington D.C. 20036
      tel 202 293 7728 ext. 16
      fax 202 293 7554
      pubs@...
    • Kenneth E. Shockley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
        Admittedly, a great idea... but "The Way We Were"??? UGH.

        I still wish I was able to show up. Have a good time. I'll raise a glass
        for you.

        Shockley