Re: [ujeni] Any more info on the Reunion?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2001
      Oh, so this means we do have to get our acts together. Drat.

      Well, there's not the degree of formal planning like Vegas. Since so many of us live here, we haven't bothered with hotel discounts. Make reservations with one of us (there are more of us in DC than just the planning committee) and bring a sleeping bag.

      Other than that, here's a tentative schedule of events, subject to event finalization.

      Friday:
      Potluck dinner at Lauren's which will include a sheet cake with the Peace Corps logo on it. We will hit the bars of Mt. Pleasant/Adams Morgan afterwards.

      Saturday
      Community service activity from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (I'm working on this one.)
      Meet at the Brickskeller for drinks afterwards
      Listen to African bands on the mall
      Party at the American Legion in Capital Hill (?)―we can bring our own food, decorations and music and there is a cash bar

      Sunday
      Sleep in and breakfast on your own
      Meet at the mall early afternoon for the official RPCV parade

      Planning Committee:

      Christine Chumbler
      cchumble@...
      (202) 546-4827