Reunion hoohaw

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2001
      Got this from Friends of Malawi and thought I would forward it in case others didn't. (I didn't attach the conference brochure but can send it to anyone who wants it.) Stay tuned for more info from your friendly reunion planning ujeni-ers...

      Dear Friends of Malawi Folks!

      Peace Corps' BIG "Party" to celebrate 40 exceptional years of
      volunteer service is happening Thursday-Sunday, Sept 20-23, in
      Washington, DC -- on The Mall next to the Smithsonian and the
      Washington Monument and at Downtown Washington locations.
      WILL YOU BE JOINING THE FESTIVITIES? Already over 1,300
      RPCVs (from all countries) have registered for the conference.

      Events of the Main Conference include . . .
      -- Advocacy Day and Reception on Capitol Hill (Sept. 20 only)
      -- Award events highlighting and honoring RPCV accomplishments
      -- International Film Festival and World Music Concert
      -- Spotlights on RPCV Impacts on American Society
      -- Career Fair (employers looking for RPCVs!) and Career Workshops
      -- RPCV Writers reading their works
      -- Multiple Workshops: "From Peace Corps to Philanthropy", " RPCVs:
      Good for Business;" "Debt to Development"; "Transforming
      Education;" "Dispatched from the AIDS Fight;" and many more.
      -- Gala Event at The Kennedy Center (costs extra!)
      -- Community Service Projects in urban Washington
      -- Procession to Arlington Memorial Cemetery to JFK's Grave and
      a Closing Ceremony

      Friends of Malawi is working on plans for a Country Update
      on "What's Happening in Malawi" and a social event with the
      Embassy of Malawi folks. For FOM's planning purposes, if
      you're planing to attend the conference (or parts of it) please
      send an e-mail by August 15th to: FriendsOfMalawi@....
      Yes, you can attend the FOM events without registering but we
      hope you will support NPCA and register for the full Conference.

      Conference details, as well as Where to Stay, Making Travel Arrangements,
      and other useful information are in the attached Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) file
      which you can download and print out--it's virus free!! If you don't have
      Acrobat on your computer and want a Conference brochure, send an
      e-mail to forty@.... OR, you can just register on-line at NPCA's
      website, www.rpcv.org. Click on "Celebrate the 40th" and follow the links.
      Also, you can register by calling 1-866-324-7103.

      We hope we'll see you there! Remember, if you're planning to
      attend the FOM-organized events, send us an e-mail by August 15th.

      Zikomo kwambiri from FOM's Board of Directors!!