Re: [ujeni] (unknown)

  • Daniel Dudley
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2001
      Asante sana

      -Meredith

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 5 12:18 PM
        And I still recall a certain someone arriving for said staging in a rather un-Peace Corp-like vehicle...

        >>> kymwalther2002@... 7/5/05 3:10 PM >>>
        Hey all!

        Hard to believe it was 10 years ago TODAY that many of us began out adventure together at Staging in DC... It was July 5, 1995!!!

        How time flies!

        Hope you are all happy and healthy!
        Kym

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Elizabeth Bell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6 5:03 AM
          FLEE O.J.!!!
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7 10:28 AM
            Ahhh, yes, the Peace Corps Limo!!!
            How embarassing!

            My first memory was finding out I was sharing a room with the "married folks".. and haveing been 1 month out of college thinking it was a bit strange, but thinking, roll with it... this is Peace corps!  Deb and Rand... little did we all know how many times we'd all (and many others) share the same roof...and/or mattress!
            Fun memories!!!
            Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
            Hot-lanta is treating me well!!!
            Kymu

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8 3:33 PM
              I have fond memories of having to come up with 97 safe envelopes, carrying
              oodles of cash with me, trying to keep the hot water going (as well as
              electricity) at the Zomba site, and well as that long haired guy with the
              motorcycle in that village...I think he was a dietician or something....

              Roopangi can tell you about how I cracked up the Malawians with my poorly
              pronounced CHichewa.....

              All in all the good memories keep rolling on....

              Anyone hear frmo Mike Nolan?>????

              PSD

              PS: Love the Dever Slot Machine.....
            • John Patten
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8 9:47 PM
                Dude,

                Speaking of the envelopes, the first thing you said to
                me after I got past the Starsky and Hutch sunglasses
                was, "Sign, slather, and seal." I don't know if I
                somehow felt violated.

                Showing up at a nunnery by motorcycle with a thin
                Malawian in flood pants and a bicycle helmet lead
                directly to our getting the door slammed in our face.
                But our pleas to help our friend with amoebic
                dysentary won the day.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9 7:51 PM
                  No slathering thre...must have been some party....

                  All you had to do was to sign and tie the string....maybe that got you
                  confused.....my 2.5 yr old daughter can do that, whereas I distinctly
                  remember having to give you visual instructions.....

                  Best of all I remember the St. Paddy's Day party in Dedza I think...that
                  hotel left a biyt to be desired, and the PC Vehicle was much more
                  comfortable, but the computer contractor who was there at the time swears
                  that he got malaria there....but also had asked me to pass along my
                  compliments to the person who provided the Mood Stick.......

                  PSD