FW: "An Orgy of Abstinence"

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
      OK John, you asked for it - how's the below as a conversation starter?

    • John Patten
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
        Well there's an oxymoron. I don't even know where to
        begin on this one. Where did balance go in this
        country?
        Back in the 80's we didn't need a largest abstinence
        conference. It was just called Friday night for me and
        my high school buddies.
        I know you you have something to say on all this Paul.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
          In all seriousness, suppressing hormones with drugs (no, legla prescription
          drugs, not other types...) seems to be successful when males are given depro
          provera...but I don't see that happening any time soon. What are some other
          pasttimes aside from sex these days for those young teens? Reading? I
          think not...

          Maybe they can have touchy-feely (but no touching or feeling) seminars and
          feel good about themselves and helping others...no don't see that
          happening...

          let's just lock up all the adolescnets in solitary during puberty and
          release them once they have all blossomed...they can use the solitude as a
          time to study...