Re: [ujeni] bus plunges into river in Malawi

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      The company has experienced several fatal accidents recently, but Humphrey
      Mvula, chief executive, said Shire buses remained safe.

      "Our safety record is still impressive although we are currently
      experiencing a patch of misfortune," he said.

      Considering that these buses are packed, you get the same reaction as a
      plane crash.

      The above phrase is always uttered by the airline spokesperson...

      And it is true, but wince you have a horrific number of people
      killed/injured at one time, it is a greater news story.