Re: [ujeni] Fwd: TREAT AS URGENT CONFIDENTIAL:

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2001
      Congratulations Paul!

      There was a story about these on the BBC recently (below). They give info for who to contact in the UK if you get one. Not sure about the US, but perhaps the UK folks would know about investigations here, if you wanted to report it.

      Beware of e-mails
      bearing gifts

      The kidnapping of British businessman
      Joseph Raca has put the spotlight on the
      "419 Nigerian letter" scam.

      Thousands of Britons have received
      letters, faxes or e-mails purporting to be
      from an "official" foreign government or
      agency, usually in Africa.

      They offer to transfer millions of pounds
      into the person's personal bank account,
      often in exchange for an "administration"
      fee upfront.

      This is the text of one such phoney letter,
      received by BBC News Online. The name
      and telephone number have been deleted
      and the spelling and grammatical mistakes
      have been left intact.

      CONFIDENTIAL FROM MR ____ ______
      LOME TOGO WEST AFRICA

      ATTENTION THE DIRECTOR Dear
      INTRODUCTION My name is MR ____ ______

      I got your contact through the International
      Chamber of Commerce consultant.

      I am the special Asistant guard to the late
      president of Congo Democratic Republic DRC
      (Mr Laurent Kabila).

      Before the president
      was assasinated on
      Tuesday, 16 January
      2001, there was a huge
      amount of money which
      he was to move out to
      Belgium and united
      states of America
      (U.S.A) up to the tone of Seventy Five Million
      United States Dollars (USD75,000,000).

      It was as a result of his constant moving of
      the country's funds outside the country that
      resulted to his death.

      'Diplomatic valuables'

      Some of the official who knew of this said
      amount planned his assasination, and to
      overthrow his government, they only wanted
      him to die.

      Presentely now the
      level of involvement of
      _________ in the
      whole set up.

      A day before his
      assasination, he
      instructed the
      FINANCIAL EXPERT
      FOREIGN AIDS WHITE
      ASSOCIATE AND I
      MYSELF to move to
      Lome-Togo ONE TRUNK
      BOX containing THE
      SUM OF (USD$20,000
      000) and deposited it
      with one of the international security company
      with its affiliates office in spain and in london
      as family diplomatic valubles.

      So that we could move the trunk box out from
      Togo to Belgium and united states of america
      under Diplomatic coverage where he was
      supposed to lodge in the money into his
      account.

      The day he was to leave for meeting, he was
      assasinated along with the financial foreign
      expert with the intention that the money was
      in his possession.

      My reason for
      contacting you is
      please for you and
      myself, to meet so that
      you will represent as
      the foreign white
      financial expert both of
      us that deposited this
      box for the claim
      because the box can
      only be released to me
      when i come with any
      white foreign
      associate.

      Trunk box

      Please my brother. No body knows that i am
      still alive they all thought that i was also
      assasinated along side with the late president
      (KABILA) but i excaped.

      The security Company did not know the real
      content of the trunk box.

      It is for this I am looking for God fearing trust
      worthy partner that can assist me move the
      money out of Africa.

      As soon as you indicate
      your interest we will
      discuss terms of
      compensation.

      Meanwhile you should
      treat this transaction
      with top most confidentiality and secrecy.

      All the document informations are with me here
      in Togo as i am here i did not intend any more
      to leave the rest of my life in congo as the war
      still on and on i will seak for a nationality in
      your country after this fund is invested
      accurately on your advice and control as you
      and i will be for ever partnership associate with
      regards to the investment aspect of this fund.

      my brother please i will be very happy to
      receive your quick response with regards to
      this email.

      Absolutely there is no other person human who
      knows about this money execpt you and i only.

      THANKS may our lord god be with you.

      YOURS FAITHFULLY ____ ______

      (FOR SECURITY REASON) PLEASE ALWAYS
      REACH ME WITH THIS NUMBER (__ ___ __ __
      __).

      Anyone in the UK receiving such a letter or
      e-mail is advised not to reply and forward
      the correspondence to the National
      Criminal Intelligence Service, PO Box 8000,
      London SE11 5EN, or by e-mail to
      419@...

      >>> "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...> 7/18/01 7:21 PM >>>
      Heard of these, but never got one...wow!!!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2001