New Plan

  • Kristen E. Cheney
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 1999
      Folks,

      Regarding the reunion shindig, I got Michael at the conference
      center to reserve a room for me until April 30th. We can decide about
      the rest of the contract then, but if we don't put up some dough, we'll
      lose the room. So, AT LEAST 20 MORE PEOPLE NEED TO SEND ME A CHECK FOR
      $20 TO SECURE THE BANQUET ROOM BY APRIL 30TH. Thanks to Steve Berry and
      Rand Wise, who have already sent their deposits. Once I have $450, I can
      pay for the room, and we can finish out the rest of the contract. If
      you're planning to attend, please help us make it happen. Send checks
      made payable to my travel agency, STUDENT TRAVELSHOP to:

      Kristen Cheney
      RPCV Reunion / Student Travelshop
      1522 Laurel St.
      Santa Cruz, CA 95060-3523

      In the meantime, here's a price breakdown of the whole DJ vs. PCV debate
      from Michael:

      Ok here is a price comparison for the audio equiptment vrs. a DJ
      >> DJ is roughly $400. for 4 hours includes open mike ( you guys can ham
      it
      >> up, make announcements, heaven forbid.. karioke) possibly a dance
      floor if
      >> available, disco ball, and some lighting. And if
      >> you bring in your own music,cd's or tapes, I'm sure they'll get
      played.
      >> Going on your own ala cart your looking at;
      >> "boom box w/ cd & tape player-$35.00
      >> handheld, lavaliere(clips to collar) headset or collar mike -$15 or
      $20
      >> self contained 75 watt speaker/amp-$60.00
      >> 75 watt companion speaker- $45.00
      >> 6-channel mic-mixer(if needed) $35.00
      >> microphone table stand-$4.50
      >> delivery/ pick-up/ install of equip.- 45.00
    • douglas bush
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 1999
        kristen and all vegas attendees:
        i plan on driving up from la, i don't think it would be much trouble for
        me to bring a stereo. unfortunately i doubt i have access to a
        "lavaliere" headset. i also plan to bring 500 gallons of live sea
        monkeys.

        db

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 1999
          Does the hotel allow for for Live Sea Monkey Wrestling???

        • Robert R Bruner III
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 1999
            Kym Walther asking about wrestling in a hotel? What's the world
            coming to!

            ====================================
            Nothing is more expensive than regret.

            Robert R Bruner III
            1325 Birch St., #14
            Fort Collins, CO 80521
            (970) 482-6879
            rbruner@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 1999
              It's Vegas!! They encourage it!

              Karl K.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 1999
                Rob, Wrestling is only allowed while wearing Sombreros!!!