Re: [ujeni] Correcting Paul...AGAIN

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10 6:29 PM
      This problem is prevalent in Forest Service lingo, which one must speak to
      be fully accepted. Somebody compiled a "Greenspeak" list for new employees.
      It addresses nouns that have been "verbed" and other jargon. Some
      examples from the list:

      Modern terms:

      In the field: We said it all the time in Africa: In the bush. In French it
      unfortunately sounds better: en brousse.

      Sensing: Second cousin of ginseng.

      Tiers: I like redundancy: tiered layers...

      Visuals: Isn't that what Granny cooked up in "Beverly Hillbillies???"

      White hat: That is an old phrase from spy days....Now Linux has confused us
      all with Red Hat.

      Wildlife burn: Hey, antelope is good, if served with a nice red wine...