Did you know????

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
      Today is the only day of the calendar year that there are no professional
      sports being played. Shall we mourn or rejoice???
    • Weber
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
        Wrong again Mr. Omnipotent. For example, there is a full slate of games
        scheduled in the California League (Class A baseball) and the featured
        contest is High Desert Vs. Rancho Cucamonga. And that's the truth as nobody
        could fabricate that billing. Don (sports is my life) Weber

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
          I sit corrected (with my back straight), as I was unclear as to the level of
          play: National Professional sports...

          Go to China, would you???????

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
            Sorry Paul...check out the women's side. The New York Liberty will be
            hosting the Indiana Fever at Madison Square Garden tonight. I realize the
            women are paid only a fraction of what the men rake in, but the WNBA is a
            professional league.

            Kristi H.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
              Cool. I will TWEP my source tomorrow morning...

              Sorry Paul...check out the women's side. The New York Liberty will be
              hosting the Indiana Fever at Madison Square Garden tonight. I realize the
              women are paid only a fraction of what the men rake in, but the WNBA is a
              professional league.

              Kristi H.

              >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
              >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [ujeni] Did you know????
              >Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:48:35
              >
              >Today is the only day of the calendar year that there are no professional
              >sports being played. Shall we mourn or rejoice???
            • Maher, Mary Ellen (MTO)
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
                ...actually I was under the same impression as Paul....my fiance at one
                point decreed that we would have to chose one of these next few days as our
                wedding date so that he wouldn't have to miss any sporting events because of
                our wedding! (he relented without too much of an argument....tho we did
                have to pick a fall Saturday in which his alma mater has a "bye" week)