Re: Banoffy Pie

  • Kristen Cheney
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2001
      Regarding the banoffy pie, I seem to remeber that the condensed milk had to
      be boiled in the can in a particular way, or it might shoot through the
      kitchen ceiling. Anyone care to comment on that?

      KC

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2001
        As a PCV, you generally did not have good cooking instruments, so you had to
        put the can of milk in a pot of boiling water for 40 min or so...
        Now that you have the luxury of a western kitchen, you just heat up the milk
        until is is really HOT.