FW: Seeking host country nationals

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2001
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Gerzoff, Bob
      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 7:59 AM
      Subject: Seeking host country nationals

      Dear Friends of Group,

      The Peace Corps 40th Anniversary is rapidly approaching and we are in high
      gear for the celebration on Sept. 20th - 23rd here in Washington, DC. There
      are many exciting events being planned.

      This year we are committed to inviting more host country nationals to
      participate in the celebration. My new 40th Anniversary intern Rihoko Ueno
      has begun work on a Host Country National Project to help identify and
      contact host country nationals for this celebration. We would like them to
      share their experiences with specific Peace Corps volunteers who influenced
      them either through education received or friendships developed.

      HOST COUNTY NATIONALS
      Host country nationals can be graduate students with plans to return to
      their countries to implement their knowledge and abilities, people working
      in embassies, the UN or other similar international agencies in the US, and
      permanent residents working on matters concerning their country. We are
      trying not to be associated with a "brain drain" so please choose folks who
      are still working for their country in some way.

      WE NEED YOUR HELP
      We need your help to find these people. We are asking every Friends of
      Organization to give us the contact information for host country nationals.
      If you taught or befriended a host country national and are still in touch
      with this person, we need their names, any contact information you have for
      them including phone, email, fax and street address, city, state, zip, what
      county they are from, and a two-sentence explanation of how you know this
      person. We will be following up with you after your submission.

      DEADLINE
      Please contact Rihoko by email at rihoko@... or phone at 202-293-7728
      ext 20 by July 31st with the above information. Please help us make this
      celebration a very special one for both RPCVs and the host country
      nationals.

      Thanks for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you in
      September.

      Cori Welbourn