New service learning program in Namibia

  • davidsonkim@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      Hello Fellow RPCVs,

      I served in Namibia 1996-1998. I am hoping you can pass this great
      opportunity on to friends, family and students. Thanks - Kim Davidson

      Operation Crossroads Africa, Inc. has been sending volunteers to
      Africa and the Diaspora since 1957. Beginning this September,
      Crossroads is offering a service learning semester to Namibia for
      youth age 17-24. Program activities include cross-cultural exchange,
      language instruction, field study, home stays, community service,
      team building, and of course, fun. Topics of interest will be post-
      apartheid issues of development, health, ecology, racial and ethnic
      relations. The aim of the program is to provide a safe, supportive
      group environment that enables participants to challenge themselves
      and expand their understanding of the world and their place in it.
      Based on the principles of social action and personal transformation,
      participants will gain the knowledge, skills, and ability to become
      global citizens of the twenty- first century. For more information
      click on Pamwe Namibia at the Crossroads website: www.igc.org/oca or
      contact Kate Shackford at oca@....