the kentucky derby

  • douglas bush
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2001
      greetings friends.

      it is my pleasure to invite you to a bush family tradition, resuscitated
      after prolonged dormancy, the kentucky derby party.

      in which:
      we will marvel at the unparalleled physique of the thoroughbred horse and
      wager our paltry moneys upon them....

      the odors of roated meats will tantalize and fuel our thirsts....

      vomit will not sully the linen lapels of the gentlemen (Thompson 1971)....

      the ladies shall be resplendant in hats which dazzle and defy physical
      law....

      and the energetic cycles of mint and bourbon coincide in a glorious
      explosion of springtime.

      please be our guest. may 5, between 130 and 200, race time is at
      approximately 300. no distance too far, all shall be accomodated. rsvp by
      the 28th of april at 530 753 7419.

      doug

      oh sweet muluzi! this one goes out to the warm heart crew. no exemptions
      given in a sub900 mile radius. reno to the bay, imperial beach to
      bellingham. bring nothing but your sweet selves to the warm spring of the
      central valley of califor-nye-ay.