helpful tips, anyone?

  • Foy, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2001
      helpful tips, anyone?

      Hello all, it's Elizabeth here.  I emailed you guys a while ago when I found out I was going to Malawi in June.  Well, time is sneaking up on me, although I have a coulple of months left.  Any tips for:

      1.  Packing. . .what about camping gear?  I've heard good pillows are handy.  Any "must haves"?

      2.  Tell me about animals.  I know cats keep the roaches to a minimum. . .how do you get one?  Anyone keep a dog?  How'd that go?

      3.  Can you name some good hobbies to bring?  I've been told that a game or two would be a good social thing to bring.  What are good ways to pass the time?

      4.  Lastly, can you tell me about things that you think wouldn't be brought up in training, like the chitedze(sp?) bean plant that makes your whole body itch!?  Those are good tips for the new people like me :)

      Thanks everyone, Elizabeth