FW: [ujeni] Doctors Without Borders

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hey Luz et al,

      If either you or Rob are gov'n employees there's a booklet called "2000 Ways
      to Share" published by the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) that lists ALOT
      of charities and non-profits with a brief description of services, contact
      info and the % of total revenue spent on adminstration and fundraising. Any
      organization over 25% is starred.

      I give a certain percentage of my pay check every pay period directly
      through CFC. In addition to MSF (MSF is rate is 10.5%) I also give to:

      CARE - admin and fundraising expenses 7.6%
      Planned Parenthood of GA - 16.2% (less than International PP at an
      unacceptable 22.3%
      Human and Civil Rights Orgasnizations of America - 3.3%
      Grady Rape Crisis Center - 3.7%

      I try to mix local, national and int'l organizations working in areas I feel
      strongly about; international health and developmental, relief and refugee
      work, repoductive health, and social justice/human rights issues. They also
      have organizations that work with environmental issues, animal rights,
      religious service groups, the homeless, "christian orthopaedic partners"
      (I'm NOT making that up) - you name it.

      Here's the contact info for the booklet, it may be available to anyone:

      Combined Federal Campaign
      75 Spring Street, Rm P-44
      Atlanta, GA 30303
      (404) 331-5170