Fwd: PEACE CORPS BUILDING NAME NEEDS URGENT ACTION

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
      More about this building name issue. Those of you with actual Congressional representation might consider calling...
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
        We sure do. If only she had a vote on the House floor.

        >>> "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...> 2/27/01 2:19 PM >>>

        Hey, you DC residents have elleanor norton holmes or holmes norton...

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
          I couldn't disagree more. If this last election taught us anything, it clearly demonstrated that every vote does (or should) count. The Republicans are aware of this and that's why they are consistently against giving the solidly Democratic District actual representation.

          Apologies to those who aren't interested in this diatribe.

          >>> "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...> 2/27/01 4:11 PM >>>

          Her one vote would not make a difference...

          Come to think about it, our founding fathers did not want representation any
          more than axation...their vote would have counted for naught... imagine
          Rhode Island fighting for anything, and expecting to be taken
          seriously...their one vote would not do a whole heck of a lot of good...

          Makes great rhetoric though...
        • Rand Wise
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
            Deb's Two Cents: As an RPCV (from Georgia, no less) I coulnd't care less if
            they named the building The Big Green Donkey ____. For those so interesed
            in petitioning reps, why not do it over something that really matters?

            There.
            Rand, Deb & Benjamin Wise
            2784 Mt. Olive Drive
            Decatur, GA 30033

            Email: rwise.psy88@...
            (404) 327-5765

            See Benjamin at http://sites.netscape.net/randwise/benjamin

            "There is no situation that is not transfigurable."
            - Desmond Tutu
          • Rand Wise
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
              Geez, Allan DeBlow says you look like Ted Kaczynski just once and you can
              never shake that label of anarchist... I vote in every election. I swear.
              I even write letters to my representatives sometimes. I just got a letter
              back from our new Republican senator (Zell Miller) the other day.

              Land "Kaczynski" Wise

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2001
                Hey, you DC residents have elleanor norton holmes or holmes norton...

                More about this building name issue. Those of you with actual Congressional
                representation might consider calling...
                << message5.txt >>