Happy New Year!

  • Rand Wise
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2001
      Howdy everyone! Just wanted to update you all on the latest and greatest
      around hear and to spread good tidings for the new year.

      Benjamin is just a bundle of fun. He's now up to 14 lb, 11 oz. At his 8
      month check-up his doctor referred us to a physical therapist and a
      nutritional consultant. After his physical therapy evanluation, the
      therapist says he's doing great for a 6 month old baby. He just has to do
      some excersizes to strengthen his sitting and rolling skills. He kept
      reaching for pen and paper during the test, so we are sure he is going to be
      a writer. After the nutritional consultant reviewed his chart, she called
      us and said there is no need to even meet as he is doing well (using his
      corrected age of 6 months). I guess the main thing that came out of those
      referrals is to get our doctor to look at Benjmain using his corrected age
      and not to compare him to 8 1/2 month old kids. Phew!

      We had a nice Christmas. We went to Florida to hang out with Cullen for a
      few days. It was sweet to walk out in the yard and pick our own fruit for
      breakfast. We bot bumped on the flight home and now have free Air Tran
      tickets. We're going to go to the Bahamas sometime this summer if Benjamin
      can stay at Camp Grandma out in Loganville. PCV buddy Brian Stoessel came
      down to visit his mom, and we got to hang out for a night. That was neat.
      He makes a mean rum ball! Uncle Adam Wolken joined us for breakfast. We
      didn't get to play cards. :( On Christmas Eve we hosted the Kovacs fam for
      a beef stew dinner. Santa (Conrad) delivered a puppy for Sue's boys. It
      was really fun. The Wise fam didn't come up due to the passing of Great
      Uncle David and Uncle Joe's heart operation. We hope to see those folks
      soon and we wish Uncle Joe a speedy recovery!

      I (Deb) am excited because I bought a dishwasher! Wooo hoooo! No more
      boiling bottles for me! Good riddance dishpan hands!

      I was at the mall the other day during a blood drive, and it made me all
      misty (OK, i was actually crying) thinking about the medical problems we had
      with Peanut earlier this year and how grateful we are now for his good
      health. I came up with the idea of having a blood drive for Peanut's
      birthday. You'll be hearing more about this later, but we're going to ask
      all of our family and friends to get all of their family and friends (or
      students or co-workers) to donate blood during the month of April in honor
      of Benjamin's good health and to help others. If all goes well we will try
      and make this an annual thing and keep track of how many pints are given.
      This will help Benjamin experience how good it feels to help others.

      Well, that's about all for now. We will have new pics up on the website by
      Tuesday morning.

      Take care and have a safe and wonderful year! DRB

      Rand, Deb & Benjamin Wise
      2784 Mt. Olive Drive
      Decatur, GA 30033

      Email: rwise.psy88@...
      (404) 327-5765

      See Benjamin at http://sites.netscape.net/randwise/benjamin

      "There is no situation that is not transfigurable."
      - Desmond Tutu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2001
        Good to hear that all is well with 'le petit arachid'...

        I would love to donate blood, but the Red Cross in its infinite wisdom,
        deems me an unsuitable donor. I only lived in Africa for umpteen years, but
        I never had malaria, and even can confirm tha since I forgot to take the
        medecine several times, and it did not rise.

        They still want me to wait for another year despite the fact that I am a
        'universal donor', O+ or O-, I can never remember which, and despite the
        fact that they themselvs advertise 'critical needs' all the time.....

        I asked at what point they would accept my blood, and they said for another
        year, NEVER, even if they had a critical need that only I couold fill....

        SHould I lie and give blood or what???????