Re: [ujeni] Malawi's "Crack Anti-Poaching Squads"

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2000
      It's all about appearances, Paul.

      >>> "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...> 12/24/00 12:45 AM >>>
      made "The Animal Planet this weekend on "Safari Africa"...It was a show
      concerning assistance forom the Kruger "experts" helping other nations deal
      with animal issues.

      I thought it was a bit hilarious that they showed some military squad with
      automatic rifles...I was under the impresison that the rangers do not (and
      dearly do want to) have a shoot-to-kill-poachers law in Malawi, so why would
      they even have the automatic rifle with them.

      One good thing however, was that they had a female soldier leading them...