Money

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
      Just a quick FYI...

      I have been dealing with the ideas of financial planning and IRAs and the
      like lately. The big mainstream companies like PainWebber, etc. have left me
      wanting more in terms of social responsibility and even basic financial
      education.

      If anyone finds themselves in a similar boat, I found a great
      website/Nonprofit called CoopAmerica (www.coopamerica.org). Check it out.
      Also if anyone has any other suggestions I, for one, would really like to
      hear them.

      Hope everyone is well.
      Luz
    • Bell, Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
        Pax World Fund, Domini Social Equity and Vanguard Calvert Social Index are
        the ones I've heard the most about in my own investigations. All are
        considered quite good, both in terms of social responsibility and in
        returns.

        Morningstar has a piece on socially responsible funds:

        http://news.morningstar.com/news/MS/Article/0,1299,3991,00.html

        Liz

        I have been dealing with the ideas of financial planning and IRAs and the
        like lately. The big mainstream companies like PainWebber, etc. have left me

        wanting more in terms of social responsibility and even basic financial
        education.

        If anyone finds themselves in a similar boat, I found a great
        website/Nonprofit called CoopAmerica (www.coopamerica.org). Check it out.
        Also if anyone has any other suggestions I, for one, would really like to
        hear them.

        Hope everyone is well.
        Luz
        _________
      • Rand Wise
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
          Not that this is totally on the same subjet, but our local consumer guru
          (Clark Howard) has a nifty little website that covers all sorts of money
          matters and offers bits of advice on a variety of topics. Ths site is
          clarkhoward.com check it out it you're looking for ways to cut corners,
          find cheap travel, avoid scams, etc...

          as long as i'm writing, i thought i'd let you all know that Benjamin is
          eating real (baby) food now. He loves sweet potatoes! He is still just a
          whole bundle of love. he's doing great! We'll have the newest batch of
          pix on his website soon soon. you won't believe how he's grown. d

          Rand, Deb & Benjamin Wise
          2784 Mt. Olive Drive
          Decatur, GA 30033

          Email: wiserd@...
          (404) 327-5765

          See Benjamin at http://sites.netscape.net/randwise/benjamin

          "There is no situation that is not transfigurable."
          - Desmond Tutu