Malawi again in the NYT

  • Mark Holland
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      P. 18 of todays NYT (an article about Russia) gives Malawi's male life expectancy at birth as the third worst in the world:  37.3 years for men, 37.7 years for the two sexes combined.  It gave me considerable pause when I calculated (ignoring at-birth v. after-5-years issues) that, measured in Malawi Years, I'm just a few weeks shy of my 70th birthday.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
        Hey, in Malawi, I would currently be eligible for all that money that we
        paid to our workers in their social security system......oh, wait it was
        used for a UDF parade...

        PS: Happy Birthday in advance Mark.