Re: [ujeni] World AIDS Day

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      The sad irony is that these were people in the Health field. I am sure that
      some of them contraced AIDS during the "Period of Ignorance", but not all.

      Another irony in PC/M history is that there were quite a few AIDS
      Educators/Counselor PCVs who engaged in unsafe safe. These were the ones
      that I knew of, so I am sure there were others. The "It can't happen to me"
      or "Just this once" or "Oh, s/he is faithful so there is nothing to worry
      about" syndromes must be fought on several fronts, even by the PCMOs.

      At AmeriCorps*NCCC it does not seem to be a problem, but they are given a
      slight wake-up call when I tell them tales of living on the dark continent
      and the high rates of HIV infection...not that it does any goods, but they
      are surprised nonetheless.