Washington next September?

  • wikernan@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2000
      Hey all... It's never too early to start planning for next year. Is anyone
      out there thinking about attending? (see article below) It might be a nice
      time to have a little get together and support Peace Corps in the process...

      Peace -- $ Bill

      ps. was it almost 5 years ago that we were standing in President Muluzi's
      palace commemorating the 35th anniversary of the Corps? wow!

      WASHINGTON--The countdown has started for thousands of returned Peace
      Corps Volunteers planning to commemorate 40 years of volunteer service
      next year in Washington, D.C. Today, National Peace Corps Association
      President Dane Smith announced that NPCA's 2001 national conference will
      be held from Sept. 20-23 on the Mall, in the shadow of the Washington
      Monument. The event will be hosted by the NPCA and the Returned Peace
      Corps Volunteers of Washington D.C.

      "By holding the event in September, we will be able to invite District
      of Columbia school children down to the Mall to participate in cultural
      activities planned by country-of-service groups," said Smith. "And to
      assist educators, NPCA's Global TeachNet will be holding a teacher
      in-service workshop on bringing the world into the classroom."
    • Rand Wise
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2000
        Dear Mr. Reunion Coordinator,

        Sounds great! The three of us may attend if we could mooch a free place to
        stay. d

        At 09:43 PM 11/15/2000 EST, you wrote:
        >Hey all... It's never too early to start planning for next year. Is anyone
        >out there thinking about attending? (see article below) It might be a nice
        >time to have a little get together and support Peace Corps in the process...
        >
        >Peace -- $ Bill
        >
        >ps. was it almost 5 years ago that we were standing in President Muluzi's
        >palace commemorating the 35th anniversary of the Corps? wow!
        >
        >WASHINGTON--The countdown has started for thousands of returned Peace
        >Corps Volunteers planning to commemorate 40 years of volunteer service
        >next year in Washington, D.C. Today, National Peace Corps Association
        >President Dane Smith announced that NPCA's 2001 national conference will
        >be held from Sept. 20-23 on the Mall, in the shadow of the Washington
        >Monument. The event will be hosted by the NPCA and the Returned Peace
        >Corps Volunteers of Washington D.C.
        >
        >"By holding the event in September, we will be able to invite District
        >of Columbia school children down to the Mall to participate in cultural
        >activities planned by country-of-service groups," said Smith. "And to
        >assist educators, NPCA's Global TeachNet will be holding a teacher
        >in-service workshop on bringing the world into the classroom."

        Rand, Deb & Benjamin Wise
        2784 Mt. Olive Drive
        Decatur, GA 30033

        Email: wiserd@...
        (404) 327-5765

        See Benjamin at http://sites.netscape.net/randwise/benjamin

        "There is no situation that is not transfigurable."
        - Desmond Tutu