Re: [ujeni] Fee for service at Malawi hospitals?

  • rsampaga@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
      The owners of the Mwaiwathu hospital are wealthy Malawians from Blantyre
      named the Wirima's.

      The Wirima's of Blantyre are a wealthy family who spent a number of years in
      America. In fact two of their children were educated in the USA, Elementary
      through University. I can't remember the names of the Universities but I was
      very impressed. The Hospital is named after their youngest child who was a
      surprise in their later years. She is the apple of her father's eye.

      The wife, Irene, owns a very nice private school in Blantyre. She was on
      the committee with me to write that National Curriculum. A very nice lady
      who was able to verbalize many of the differences of Malawi and our country.

      Robin