Nice to see more activity

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000

      Dear all of you wonderful "Ujeni" folks,

      It is nice to see some more activity on this list, even if half of the
      submittals are from Paul. I guess I rarely make a contribution, but I do
      enjoy reading along and keeping up to date with Christine's news clips.

      I have been following the corruption articles a bit more closely. The
      information helps explain some "mysterious" things I ran into at higher
      levels of the Malawi government. It does not explain everything, of
      course, but adds a dimension of understanding. Very interesting how the
      world turns some days.

      I guess as the holiday season is approaching I should include some personal
      updates. I have been up to my eyebrows is work all year and it only seems
      to be getting worse. One would think I would have some control over it all
      but somehow it seems out of control.

      Dolly and I did take a week off over the Easter weekend to visit New York
      (Manhattan) where my daughter and son-in-law live and work. We had a good
      time, mostly visited with them since that was our objective, and saw a few
      things. Dolly have never been to the big city. It was an experience.

      One of the highlights was an ethopian dinner at a westside resturant,
      somewhere between 40th and 50th I think. The sponsors can correct me.
      Tara McCrohan organized the gathering and we were able to enjoy catching-up
      with Joanna Cestaro, Samantha Restaino, Michael Doroquez, Diane Stanley, as
      well as Tara. John Romweber was not able to be present and I had forgotten
      that Miranda Wright was also in town. It was very nice to see the
      Manhattan folks and reminisce. The food was good too.

      Next week I am off to New Zealand for two weeks to visit Josh, who is
      completing his year of study at Lincoln University. Then home for the
      holidays who knows what is next. Probably twice as much work to catch up
      for the two week absence.

      Have a great November everyone,

      Vyrle

      Anyone in New Zealand?