Re: [ujeni] New Black Panthers

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2000

      > to quote a REALLY bad song from the 80's: "there is no monopoly on common
      > sense on ether side of the political fence" (kudos if you can name that
      > tune)

      I'm disappointed that Ken thinks that Sting's "Russians," one of my
      favorite cold war anthems, is a really bad song. Then again, I don't think
      we've ever agreed much on music.

      Eric
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2000
        Somehow I missed Tana's response...anyone got it???

        Thanks.

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Tana Beverwyk
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2000
          , Paule- Let me do the honors... (copied on bottom). I really like what Ken
          (i think) wrote about our opinions depending on which slice of history we
          choose to priotorize that predisposes our feelings about Isreal and
          Palestine. It also depends on which side of the story you hear more often.
          I've just been so infuriated by the one-sided news stories and cleverly
          placed 'descriptive' words used by the American media covering this story.
          The whole situation makes me sick...of media, of self-serving polititions, of
          what people use secular conceptions of religion for. In the name of God....
          -Tana

          Here's my first message, Paul:
          Um, really. The Israeli's took land that BELONGED to the Palestinians 52
          years
          ago. Now they offer a piece and the Palestinians are bastards for not saying

          "Thank you for giving me back part of what you stole". If your house were
          robbed, how many of you would fall on your knees in thanks when the robber
          gave
          you back some...even 90%...of what he took? P.S. The American news in
          unbelievably biased in it's coverage of these unravelings. Switch to the BBC
          or
          the French news on the International channel at 6pm (Indiana time) for a less

          scewed view. -Tana