  • Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2000
      I'm just sitting here trying to imagine how my friends in Malawi are ever going to find housing they can afford.  Are the landlords getting rich?  Maybe it will tilt that scale because who can afford K15,000 a month!!!!  Rents will come down?  Maybe it's good?  Is the government getting taken?  Could be, but what a mess it might turn into in the time it takes for the market to adjust.  Economists among you, enlighten me please.  Will people just stay where they are and rents will come down because owners will have no choice????  Or is this another weird and potentially disastrous situation in response to IMF and World Bank pressures and can anyone explain the thoughts behind the policies of those great institutions for me.  Thanks for any light you can shed....Cathy