measures of olympic success

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      For those of you who like statistics, I heard a suggestion that a better
      way of measuring Olympic success would be "number of medals" divided by
      "unit of population." So I ran the numbers and came up with the following

      country number of medals medals per million people
      1. Bahamas 2 7.04
      2. Barbados 1 3.86
      3. Iceland 1 3.66
      4. Australia 58 3.09
      5. Jamaica 7 2.64

      46. USA 97 0.36

      I did the same thing with number of gold medals per millions of people. If
      anyone is interested in seeing more, let me know and I'll send you the
      excel files.

      Eric
    • Daniel Dudley
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000