Re: [ujeni] news

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 13, 2000
      To address Bill's concern: I think the sum total of the media,
      politicians, and attitudes expressed by a lot of citizens do a good job of
      advertising that the US is the epitome of a free society. We're the land
      of the free, after all. And we have a very successful propaganda
      machine. We do not do so well at advertising that we don't always live up
      to our grand claims. In that respect, we're probably like every other
      country in the world.

      I can think of other times when the US has oversold itself. Remember the
      bombing of Belgrade? The world heard so much about our surgically precise
      military planning and hardware. How could we blame anyone then if they
      didn't believe that the bombing of the Chinese embassy was an accident?

      Eric