Re: [ujeni] news

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 13, 2000
      I liked the appearance of Geena Davis much better...

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 13, 2000
        To address Bill's concern: I think the sum total of the media,
        politicians, and attitudes expressed by a lot of citizens do a good job of
        advertising that the US is the epitome of a free society. We're the land
        of the free, after all. And we have a very successful propaganda
        machine. We do not do so well at advertising that we don't always live up
        to our grand claims. In that respect, we're probably like every other
        country in the world.

        I can think of other times when the US has oversold itself. Remember the
        bombing of Belgrade? The world heard so much about our surgically precise
        military planning and hardware. How could we blame anyone then if they
        didn't believe that the bombing of the Chinese embassy was an accident?

        Eric