Greetings!

  • Susan Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2000
      Greetings One and All!

      Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful and hot summer! My days here in
      corvallis are coming to a close! I finished my MPH in June and have spent
      the summer travelling, job hunting, and enjoying the sunshine! I'm moving
      to the amazing town of Myrtle Point, Oregon! Now for those of you who
      know me, and know Oregon, you may know that my whole goal in life is to
      live in hot dry areas, where there is lots of hot sun in the summer and
      snow in the winter, so I've decided to move to one of the rainiest parts
      of Oregon! Yep, the southern coast! I'm going to be working for Oregon
      State Extension Service doing family and community development. In case
      you are wondering what that is, well I too am wondering! I thought it
      would be teen pregnancy stuff, and community develpment stuff, well when I
      ventured down to Coos County to house hunt, my new coworkers kept
      introducing me as the new Home Ec Agent, and people started asking me
      questions about cooking, sewing, and canning...so somebody is in for a big
      surpise! Maybe I will beocme the next Betty Crocker and Martha Stewart,
      but don't hold your breath!

      Of course I still have to feed my football addiction, so I since I am now
      faculty at Oregon State, I can arrange my meetings in corvallis to
      coinicide with OSU football! I'm moving this weekend, then I'm headed
      back to Arkansas for a Razorbacks game and some good southern cooking!

      Well, I enjoy hearing about everyones adventures, so please keep those
      coming! Myrtle only has about 2000 residents....so it's back to the wilds
      of rural Oregon for me! Until the rain, ivy, moss, mold, and blackberry
      bushes drive me mad, then I'll head to the high desert!

      Cheers!

      Sue Peterson

      95528 Sitkum Ln
      Myrtle Point, OR 97458